RE: How do I disable the debug ser port?

True, we use COM2 for three things:

- kernel debug port
- syslog output
- agetty (serial login, change port in /etc/inittab)

So you may want to change where the syslog daemon writes its output as well.

/etc/syslog.conf configures sysklogd to write output to /dev/console which is a symbolic link to /dev/ttyS2. So if you want to change it, just change the symbolic link.

Best regards
/Jonas