RE: insmod ?? Anyone get it to work on ETRAX Dev board trying I P Masq andPPP

Jonas,
   Thanks.  I am new to linux.  I am an old VM/MVS guy from the days of Big
Blue domination.  (-:
I was able to get  IP forwarding to function, but my problem comes from
having to load the additional modules for CUSEEME, QUAKE, etc...  All the
instructions I see say to use Depmod.    Is there another way in Linux I
should compile these modules and have them as part of my kernel?

Thanks for your time.

# rc.firewall - Initial SIMPLE IP Masquerade setup for 2.0.x kernels using
IPFWADM
#
# Load all required IP MASQ modules

# Needed to initially load modules
#
/sbin/depmod -a

# Supports the proper masquerading of FTP file transfers using the PORT
method
#
/sbin/modprobe ip_masq_ftp

# Supports the masquerading of RealAudio over UDP.  Without this module,
#       RealAudio WILL function but in TCP mode.  This can cause a
reduction
#       in sound quality
#
#/sbin/modprobe ip_masq_raudio

                    Jonas Holmberg
                    <jonas.holmberg        To:     "'ljackson@xxxxxxx.com'"
                    @xxxxxxx.com>
                                           cc:     dev-etrax <dev-etrax@xxxxxxx.com>
                    03/06/2001             Subject:     RE: insmod ?? Anyone get it to
                    02:15 AM               work on ETRAX Dev board trying I P Masq and
                                           PPP

Hi Larry,
we are using a.out executable format in elinux so don't bother trying to
use loadable kernel modules.

But you should be able to use IP masquerading by enabling IP firewalling
and IP forwarding in the kernel Networking options ("make menuconfig" or
"make xconfig" in elinux directory).

Best regards
/Jonas