RE: insmod ?? Anyone get it to work on ETRAX Dev board trying I P Masq and PPP

Take a look at the following lines from elinux/net/ipv4/Makefile:

ifeq ($(CONFIG_IP_MASQUERADE),y)
IPV4_OBJS += ip_masq.o ip_masq_app.o
M_OBJS += ip_masq_ftp.o ip_masq_irc.o ip_masq_raudio.o ip_masq_cuseeme.o
M_OBJS += ip_masq_vdolive.o ip_masq_quake.o
endif

If you enable CONFIG_IP_MASQUERADE ("make xconfig" or "make menuconfig") again if you haven't enabled it already) the modules you are looking for will be compiled into the kernel. So you won't have to modprobe them in the script.

A VM/MVS guy may also want to take a look at elinux/net/Config.in and elinux/net/ipv4/Config.in to increase his understanding of the Linux kernel configuration system :-). Those files will be used when generating the submenu ("make xconfig" or "make menuconfig") for TCP/IP networking.

Best Regards
/Jonas