Developer Board LX Software released

Hello developers!

We are pleased to announce our Linux 2.4 port for ETRAX 100LX (including MMU support). Using Linux 2.4 (instead of the MMU-less port of Linux 2.0.38) means less work porting applications to ETRAX. The fork vs. vfork issues are no more!

NOTE! This software does NOT work on the old ETRAX 100 chip. If you are unsure about what chip you have, take a look at the release notes for the devboard_lx software (link below).

Further information about the ETRAX 100LX chip can be found at <http://developer.axis.com/hardware/etrax100lx/>

The software for Axis Developer Board LX using Linux 2.4 is now available for download at <http://developer.axis.com/download/devboard_lx/latest>.

You will find the release notes at <http://developer.axis.com/download/devboard_lx/latest/RELEASENOTES>.

New documents are:

How to Install the Developer Board LX Software <http://developer.axis.com/doc/software/devboard_lx/install-howto.html>

How to Use the Top-Level Makefile <http://developer.axis.com/doc/software/devboard_lx/makefile-howto.html>

How to Write and Build Applications for Linux <http://developer.axis.com/doc/software/apps/apps_linux-howto.html>

How to Write Device Drivers for Linux <http://developer.axis.com/doc/software/linux/device_drivers-howto.html>

Please use the dev-etrax mailing list if you have any difficulties using the devboard_lx software.

Best regards,
Jonas Holmberg
Axis Communications