Re: Has anyone successfully compiled and installed IPTABLES?

On Tue, 24 Apr 2001 ljackson@xxxxxxx.com wrote:
> I am getting a headache trying to get the IPTABLES/userspace  programs to
> compile and port to LX.
> Just wondering if anyone has successfully completed this task?

I looked at it today and it looks somewhat messy. The source has a lot of
direct assumptions like it wants a kernel tree available, and the include
paths are weird as well (like they want to write include <iptables.h>
instead of <linux/netfilter_ipv4/iptables.h> so they can magically switch
between ipv4 and ipv6 I think).

It's probably simple to make it work if the end result (makefiles and
stuff) does not have the requirement to look nice :)

You can use ipchains as well though, that's a much more simple program I
think. Depends on what functionality you need.

/BW