Re: samba+USB

On Thu, 3 May 2001, Dragan Stancevic wrote:
> I'we got two questions about the new lx platform:
> 1. Do any of the boards have USB capability?

The USB signals are there but not the physical interface required; it has
to be connected externally.

> 2. Has anyone tried to run samba on it?

I ran samba a long time ago on our eLinux (kernel 2.0) and it worked
fine (except it had to run in "one smbd per connection" mode since
fork is screwed on elinux). It should be no problem running it on the LX
board with 2.4 in full thread/process mode. Haven't tried it in a while
though..

-BW