RE: turning off debug on com2?

Yes, that is true for the linux 2.4 release. Follow the instructions
below for 2.4 and the instructions in my email for 2.0.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dev-etrax@xxxxxxx.com]On">mailto:owner-dev-etrax@xxxxxxx.com]On
Behalf Of ljackson@xxxxxxx.com
Sent: Friday, May 04, 2001 11:39 PM
To: Mikael Starvik
Cc: dev-etrax; 'Patrick O. Murphy'; owner-dev-etrax@xxxxxxx.com
Subject: RE: turning off debug on com2?

To prevent the console messages from appearing on ttyS2 ....

the dev/console ttyS2 is actually in the axis/devboard_lx/Makefile !!!

Change this:
     # We want console messages from syslogd to appear on the debug port.
     ln -sf ttyS2 $(prefix)/dev/console
to:
     # We want console messages from syslogd to appear on the debug port.
     ln -sf ttyS0 $(prefix)/dev/console

                    Mikael Starvik
                    <mikael.starvik        To:     "'Patrick O. Murphy'" <murphpo@xxxxxxx.edu>, dev-etrax
                    @xxxxxxx.com>
                    Sent by:               cc:
                    owner-dev-etrax        Subject:     RE: turning off debug on com2?
                    @xxxxxxx.com

                    04/27/2001
                    01:58 AM

Hi!

First you need to disable or move the kernel debug port.

1. cd elinux (I assume you are using the 2.0 based elinux?)
2. make menuconfig
3. Modify the debug port in hardware setup
4. exit menuconfig
5. make clean ; make dep ; make ; make zImage
6. cd ..

Then you should move the console output. In prodspec
you will find a line like this:

dev/console ttyS2

change this to some other serial port or /dev/null

The last thing to change is the serial login. In
files/etc/inittab you will find the following line:

tty3:3:respawn:/sbin/agetty -L ttyS2 115200

Again change ttyS2 to something else.

7. mkrpod -i
8. ./kflash

Regards