Assembler compiler errors

Hi

I am trying to port some code to the etrax board.
I have tried several different compiler options but when I try to compile
the code I get several errors that look like this:
/tmp/cc5KeE3z.s: Assembler messages:
/tmp/cc5KeE3z.s:181: Error Illegal operands
/tmp/cc5KeE3z.s:188: Error Illegal operands
/tmp/cc5KeE3z.s:221: Error Illegal operands
/tmp/cc5KeE3z.s:228: Error Illegal operands
/tmp/cc5KeE3z.s:505: Bad expression
/tmp/cc5KeE3z.s:505: Error Illegal operands
/tmp/cc5KeE3z.s:506: Error Illegal operands

Has anyone else had similar problems, or can anyone suggest what might be
wrong?

Thanks
Mark H

CAUTION:  The information contained in this mail message is
confidential and may be legally privileged. No confidentiality
or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission. If the
reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any use, dissemination, or reproduction of
this message is prohibited. If you have received this message in
error please notify the sender immediately by email and destroy
the original message. Thank you.