Re: Assembler compiler errors

> From: mark.hudson@xxxxxxx.nz
> Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 14:05:13 +1200

> I am trying to port some code to the etrax board.
> I have tried several different compiler options but when I try to compile
> the code I get several errors that look like this:
> /tmp/cc5KeE3z.s: Assembler messages:
> /tmp/cc5KeE3z.s:181: Error Illegal operands

> Has anyone else had similar problems, or can anyone suggest what might be
> wrong?

Perhaps you're using the host compiler or assembler for some
reason or other.  It's hard to say without more information,
like compiler options or the contents of line 181 in that file.

It would be best if you could show a little transcript so that
compiler options and source code (as applicable) are evident.
Like so:

$ cat hello.c
#include <stdio.h>
main () { printf ("Hello, world");}
$ gcc-cris -mlinux -o hello -O2 hello.c
/tmp/cc5KeE3z.s:506: Error Illegal operands (no, not really, just kidding)

brgds, H-P
PS.  The information in *this* email is non-confidential. ;-)