RE: command line editing w/ the new 2.4 kernel

> What happened to being able to use the arrow keys to do command line
> editing?

root's login shell is /bin/sh which has been changed (ash instead of sash). Edit /etc/passwd and change /bin/sh to /bin/sash if you want command line editing.

> Is there any way to at the very least recall the previous command?

I think there are some simple history support in ash but I don't think anyone has tried compiling it for cris.

Best regards
/Jonas