using pthreads on the LX development board

Hello,

I recently got the ETRAX-100LX development board and succeeded in
original kernel version had been 2.0.38.

I now need to port our application code onto the board. The software
uses the pthreads library which I think is supported on the etrax-lx
development platform. However, I am experiencing some errors in the
link process. Could someone kindly give me some pointers on how to
link with pthreads? Is using "-lpthreads" with the linker sufficient?
Are there other linker options that I need to give? What are the
standard libraries and linker options for this board? I looked at the
example applications, but only one references the pthreads library,
and I am not sure how to compile that. I tried looking at
Rules.elinux that most example apps use, but I might have missed
something.

On a different note, I noted some missing documentation on how to get
the compiled images onto the board. I had worked with the earlier
versions of the board (non-LX), and I had to to press the boot and
reset buttons on the board in some combination to prepare the board
to get new images. I had to do the same thing on this board too, but
any documentation for this process seems to be lacking on the
website. Maybe I am missing something there too?

Thanks,

Ujwal

"A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely
rearranging their prejudices." -- William James