Re: using pthreads on the LX development board

----- Original Message -----
From: Ujwal Sathyam <ujwal@xxxxxxx.com>
To: <dev-etrax@xxxxxxx.com>
Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2001 8:36 AM
Subject: using pthreads on the LX development board

> Hello,
>
> I recently got the ETRAX-100LX development board and succeeded in
> original kernel version had been 2.0.38.
>
> I now need to port our application code onto the board. The software
> uses the pthreads library which I think is supported on the etrax-lx
> development platform. However, I am experiencing some errors in the
> link process. Could someone kindly give me some pointers on how to
> link with pthreads? Is using "-lpthreads" with the linker sufficient?
> Are there other linker options that I need to give? What are the
> standard libraries and linker options for this board? I looked at the
> example applications, but only one references the pthreads library,
> and I am not sure how to compile that. I tried looking at
> Rules.elinux that most example apps use, but I might have missed
> something.

Try adding:
-lpthread -D_REENTRANT

in the proper places, haven't tested it though.
(The -D_REENTRANT will not be needed in the next
compiler release)

> On a different note, I noted some missing documentation on how to get
> the compiled images onto the board. I had worked with the earlier
> versions of the board (non-LX), and I had to to press the boot and
> reset buttons on the board in some combination to prepare the board
> to get new images. I had to do the same thing on this board too, but
> any documentation for this process seems to be lacking on the
> website. Maybe I am missing something there too?

It's described in
http://developer.axis.com/doc/software/tools/boot_elinux-howto.html
that is (more or less) valid for the 2.4 port as well, although that should
be made clearer.
Thanks for the input.

> Thanks,
>
> Ujwal