elinux on LX devboard

Hi,

i'm having trouble running ppp on the LX-board (linux-2.4.3). I have tried
to compile the ppp included in the apps-devboard_20001027.tgz but without
success. It seems to me like this version is for the elinux kernel...so I
figured that if I installed the old devtools and the elinux kernel it should
compile.

I wonder how to do if I want to run the old kernel on the LX board?
Do I need to install an older version of cris-tools (I use version 1.11)?
Is it possible to have two diffrent devtrees on the host?

If anybody have a solution or hints to my ppp-problems with linux-2.4.3
kernel please respond...

thanks in advance,

                    Hampus