Writing in flash from bootloader

Hi,

I'm working on a fail safe bootloader. It will among other
things start a backup kernel if the first one crashes during
boot.(With help from the watchdog.)

I've made some changes in the partition layout so it looks
like this:

0x0 to 0x10000     - rescue (as normal)
0x10000 to 0x14000 - boot loader
0x14000 to 0x20000 - data partition
0x20000 to end     - JFFS partition.

Now my problem is, how can I save data in this "data partition"
from my boot loader? To me, it seems like changes always vanish
after some time.(I change some data in my boot loader and when I
look at it when linux is running, no changes are there.)
Do I have to do something special for writing to flash memory?

Also now at start up it complains:

 Found valid partition table at 0x5001000A-0x50010076.
  /dev/flash1 at 0x10000, size 0x4000
  /dev/flash2 at 0x14000, size 0xc000
  /dev/flash3 at 0x20000, size 0x1d0000
mtd: partition "part1" doesn't end on an erase block -- force read-only
mtd: partition "part2" doesn't start on an erase block boundary -- force
read-only

Is there some work around for beeing able to write to /dev/flash2?

Regards,
 Jonas

--
Jonas Aaberg               Email: aberg@xxxxxxx.ch