RE: problems with debug port

> How can it be that I can transmit on serial 2, but can not
> receive ?

Maybe because another process also reads from ttyS2? My guess would be that you still have the serial login (agetty) on ttyS2. Comment it out in /etc/inittab (or change it to another ttyS?) and reset the board.

You should not have to disbale syslogd. Edit /etc/syslog.conf and comment out the line:

*.info        /dev/console

That's what makes syslogd write to ttyS2 because /dev/console is a symbolic link to ttyS2 and it should be (re)moved as well (I'm not sure if it's used by syslogd only). Usually I make it a link to another serial port instead (in axis/devboard_lx/Makefile) so that I can get syslogd's output while using ttyS2 for other purposes. You can of course see the syslog messages in /var/log/messages (see /etc/syslog.conf).

Best regards
/Jonas