RE: Unable to make 'hello' work on my Devboard

> Hi all,

Hi,

> I received my Etrax100LX development board two weeks ago and
> began to follow
> the docs to run  the first C code on the board.
> My hello.c compiles and runs on my host (Mandrake 8.0
> (2.4.3))but when I had
> put it on the 100LX the system answered me that there is "no
> such file or
> directory". I have ftp'd Hello in binary mode and I have made
> chmod 755.
> Any idea ?

The Developer Board LX contains the old Linux 2.0.38 kernel when shipped. Your hello application is compiled for the new Linux 2.4 kernel...

> I thought I would be more lucky in flashing the whole memory

Yes, that is what you need to do.

> and I tried to
> 'make images' but I obtained a [cramfs.img] Erreur 1 because
> the compiler
> cannot find 'Zlib.h'.
>
> Where can I find this file ?

RedHat has a RPM called zlib-devel, Mandrake should have a similar package including zlib.h.

Best regards
/Jonas