RE: pppd...

Hi!

You have pppd packages for etrax? Did you get them at developer.axis.com? Is
it in the developer board software? I didn't find anything about pppd there.

Could you give me a direct link to where I find the etrax100lx pppd
packages?

I have used a 'hacked' pppd version from the mailing list message
http://mhonarc.axis.se/dev-etrax/msg00545.html

His link:
http://ti.hogia.net/~sa/ppp-2.4.0-etrax-0.tar.bz2

I installed it this way:

1. Go to axis/developer-lx/os/linux
2. Run 'make menuconfig'
3. Select 'Network Device Support -->'
4. Select 'PPP (point-to-point protocol) support'
5. Select 'PPP support for async serial ports (NEW)'
6. Put all file & dirs in ppp-2.4.0 to eg dir axis/devboard_lx/apps/ppp
7. Go to axis/devboard_lx/apps/ppp/pppd
8. Change name on 'Makefile' to eg 'Makefile.old'
9. Change name on 'Makefile.clinux' to 'Makefile'
10. Write 'apps/ppp/pppd -r R2_4_0' between <subdirs> in
axis/devboard_lx/makespec
11. Go to axis/libs/uC-libc and run:
make clinux
make install
12. Go to axis/packages/devices/standard/
13. Open Makefile and under 'character devices' write:
	@$(MKNOD) -m 0444           $(DEV)/ppp       c   108 0
14. Go to axis/developer-lx/
15. Run:
make kernel
make images
./flashit
make clinux
make
make install
make images
./flashit

But I think it is better to use the pppd that Axis has made.

/ Best Regards

  /Rafael Reinoso