Re: second flash bank

On Thu, 28 Jun 2001, Adam Felson wrote:
> What kernel changes do I need to map /dev/flash3 (to be mounted on
> /mnt/flash2) to a bank of flash memory?
>
> The expansion board is one 16bit chip wide by up to 4 chips long.  (between
> 2Mx4 and 8Mx4)

See arch/cris/drivers/axisflashmap.c, how it adds partitions to the MTD
system given the flash addresses and offsets in the partition table. I
don't know where you've mapped the additional flash (to CSE1 ?) but you
should be able to generate a partition table with the correct offset to
map the partition automatically without changing kernel code if so.

Even if you do not use this system with a partition table, you can look in
that code to see how partitions are set up.

-BW