Re: Problems getting pppd to work over async devices

On Wed, Jul 04, 2001 at 03:23:15PM +0900, Daniel Ann wrote:
> Hi there,
> Following the suggestion made by sebastian, "which is to add debug nodetach" and even nodefaultip (should read noipdefault), I see no extra logging is done via pppd. Thus, I'm back to square one.

I fixed this, but I don't remember how. I have a faint memory of the
problem being hostname lookup. I've put a fixed IP number on eth0 and
added that number to /etc/hosts:
127.0.0.1	localhost
195.78.136.238	axis.innovation.hogia.se axis

I connect with:
pppd /dev/ttyS0 57600 noauth connect /etc/network/login.chat nodetach \
                      noipdefault defaultroute

I can't see any chanes that I've made to ppp-2.4.0 (more than
removing CHAP authentication), so I guess it has to be the /etc/hosts
file.

This is for connecting to a GPRS/GSM phone (the phone in turn is
already authenticated to the provider).

Regards,
/Sebastian
--