Re: Connecting AD-Converter to syncser0

I've been able to communicate with an SPI a/d without using the syncser
driver.  I opened /dev/gpioa and /dev/gpiob
and used ioctl's to waggle the bits.

setbit:   ioctl(devfd, _IO(ETRAXGPIO_IOCTYPE, IO_SETBITS), bitmap);
clearbit:      ioctl(devfd, _IO(ETRAXGPIO_IOCTYPE, IO_CLRBITS), bitmap);
readbit:  return_val = ioctl(devfd, _IO(ETRAXGPIO_IOCTYPE, IO_READBITS),
NULL);
---
Adam Felson
HID Corporation - Engineering
11674 N. Huron Street
Denver, CO 80234-2924
(303) 453-3362

                    Claudius Moor
                    <Claudius.Moor        To:     Mikael Starvik <mikael.starvik@xxxxxxx.com>
                    @xxxxxxx.com>
                    Sent by:              Subject:     Re: Connecting AD-Converter to syncser0
                    owner-dev-etra
                    x@xxxxxxx.com

                    07/06/01 08:53
                    AM

Mikael,

Mikael Starvik wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The problem may be that the sync serial receiver is started to
> late. The receiver is started the first time read() is called.
>
> Two possible solutions:
>
> 1. Open the port in non blocking mode and perform a dummy read
> to start the receiver
> 2. Add SETS(port->ctrl_data_shadow, R_SYNC_SERIAL1_CTRL,rec_enable,
enable)
> in your ioctl

I tried both options, but nothing changed. I also disabled DMA but the
DOUT (/rts1) on the dev.board was always high then and did not change
when writing to the port.

Claudius