RE: Ping does not work newbie

> For the record -- I've had problems setting the ip on the old
> developer
> board (non-lx version) using arp/ping when running Linux
> kernels from the
> 2.4-series.  The only way of setting the address is to flash the card.

(I suppose you mean that you are running Linux 2.4 on your PC and elinux on the devboard.) Maybe you are using netfilter or something on your PC? Is there a router between your PC and the board? Does the board respond with "change IP to..." on the debug port? I know that the ping reply can take a while on arp-ping to an elinux kernel (sometimes up to a minute).

/Jonas