Re: Error: Remotely Upgrading Dev Board

Nguyen Thai wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've built the devboard_x2.0.0 sucessfully. Now, another problem raised
> :-( (I'm always in trouble, right?). That is a problem with upgrading dev
> board remotely. Currently, the board is using devboard_lx1.0.0. I used the
> command pass to make sure that I'm using passive mode:
>
> thai@ash:~/axis/devboard_lx$ ftp axis2
> Connected to axis2.
> 220 Simple-FTPd (sftpd) ready.
> Name (axis2:thai): root
> 331 User name okay, need password.
> Password:
> 230 User logged in, proceed.
> Remote system type is UNIX.
> Using binary mode to transfer files.
> ftp> pass
> Passive mode on.
> ftp> pass
> Passive mode off.

I'm not sure this is what you wanted to do since you turned on, and then
off, passive mode.

> ftp> put fimage flash_all
> 200 Command okay.
> 150-Saving parameters.
> 150-Going to single user mode.
> 550 Please restart the server and try again.

I actually get the same behaviour on a devboard_lx R1_0_0.  I also get
an error message on the debug port from bootblocktool saying:

Warning: Parameter HWID not found.

(The parameters are read from the boot block, /dev/cflash0).

The quickest way to solve this is probably to have a system
administrator (or anyone with root priviliges) run the flashit script
for you.

On a devboard_lx R2_0_0 upgrading over ftp works fine:

ftp> put fimage flash_all
200 Command okay.
150-Saving parameters.
150-Going to single user mode.
150-Allocating memory.
150 Opening data connection.
226-Erasing flash...
226-Erasing /dev/cflash1.
226-Programming /dev/cflash1.
226-Erasing /dev/cflash2.
226-Programming /dev/cflash2.
226-Verifying.
226-Verifying /dev/cflash1.
226-Verifying /dev/cflash2.
226 Transfer complete.
2097176 bytes sent in 2.64 secs (776.3 kB/s)

(After that, the board reboots).

--
Orjan Friberg              E-mail: orjan.friberg@xxxxxxx.com
Axis Communications AB     Phone:  +46 46 272 17 68