Rescue partition

Hi, I have another question for Axis guys.

What exactly is the rescue partition, and what is it used for?

When I try flashing my board and do a flashitall it will fail, if I just
run flashit it will flash the board. I'we looked up the difference and it
seems that flashitall flashes the rescue partition, so I was wondering what
exactly goes in there, if the rescue partition is corrupt can that cause the
board to not boot?

Thanks.

--
Peace can only come as a natural consequence
of universal enlightenment. -Dr. Nikola Tesla