Re: IDE

On Wed, 18 Jul 2001, Dragan Stancevic wrote:
> Uniform Multi-Platform E-IDE dri ver Revision: 6.31
> ide: Assuming 50MHz system bus speed for PIO modes; override with idebus=xx

> Is the system bus really running at 50 mhz?

No but that parameter is not used in arch/cris/drivers/ide.c anyway. It's
used by some of the PC IDE drivers to calculate PIO-modes.

However, in the current released ide.c, in tune_e100_ide, the PIO mode is
not probed but instead locked to PIO4. If your drive is medieval, this is
too fast. You might want to try with a lower value just in case!

(I don't remember off-hand why it's hardlocked to 4 and not probed)

/Bjorn