Re: IDE

On Thu, 19 Jul 2001, Dragan Stancevic wrote:
>     157     do {
>     158         run_task_queue(&tq_disk);
>     159         set_task_state(tsk, TASK_UNINTERRUPTIBLE);
>     160         if (!buffer_locked(bh))
>     161             break;
>     162         schedule();
>     163     } while (buffer_locked(bh));
>
> buffer_locked will not let this return since bh never becomes unlocked and
> we are left with scheduling ourselfs into oblivion. This must be a call with

It's probably waiting for the ide code to have read the buffer. If you
get a lot of other IDE errors this is to be expected of course.. the
question is just why the IDE interface seems broken.

> It might be and IDE code bug, I'll try to trace it, see why it never
> unlocks, I assume nobody at Axis has any ideas/clues/hints/dollars
> to spare. (No personal checks please) :^)

I've used a couple of hard-disks on my Etrax systems with no problems.

How about you inserting some IDE debug outputs (FANCY_STATUS_REPORTING or
whatever it's called), putting some of your own in OUT_BYTE etc. So we can
see what is happening in more detail...

/BW