Re: IDE

On Fri, Jul 20, 2001 at 02:00:35AM +0200, Bjorn Wesen wrote:
> Well it looks to me as if that gets stuck in a loop probing for
> something.. and it seems to be cut off because i dont see the lines
> looking for partitions anywhere like those you printed in the last bootup
> log.

The reason that it seems cut off is because printk uses a ring buffer and I
am sure that we had an overrun because I think that it's higly likely that
kernel was printing messages much faster than the console was abble to send
over the serial.

The last character you saw in the debug information is the last thing that
happens, after that it's stuck there and never moves forward.

--
Peace can only come as a natural consequence
of universal enlightenment. -Dr. Nikola Tesla