Re: IDE

On Mon, 23 Jul 2001, Dragan Stancevic wrote:
> The reason that it seems cut off is because printk uses a ring buffer and I
> am sure that we had an overrun because I think that it's higly likely that
> kernel was printing messages much faster than the console was abble to send
> over the serial.

My debug-outputs using printk never get stuck in a ring-buffer even if
they swamp their output.. after all, they are synchronous when using a
serial debug-console, the printk does not exit until it has completed
the writing. Otherwise they would be totally worthless for debugging
anything at all :)

/Bjorn