Re: New compiler tools release: cris-dist-1.14

> From: "Nguyen Thai" <thai@xxxxxxx.se>
> Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 11:18:20 +0200

> There may be also a bug in easyedit. It works fine in the debug terminal
> (serial port). But it causes Segmentation fault in telnet terminal.

While I haven't dug deep enough to see where the bug lives (and
get rid of it), I have at least verified that there's a bug that
gives this kind of bite.  It seems related to termcap handling
and probably handling of the tc termcap command: you get SEGV
when TERM is set to xterm or xterm-debian.  A workaround is to
set TERM=xterm-redhat or TERM=xf before you start easyedit.  The
serial console has TERM=linux, but I guess setting that for a
telnet session from an xterm would be wrong, though I don't know
what exactly would differ.  Refer to /etc/termcap on your
devboard_lx and termcap(5) on your host system.

Anyway, my money is on this bug not being a compiler bug.  Most
bugs aren't compiler bugs.  Though I can agree it makes no
difference to whom the bug appears for. :-)

brgds, H-P