Necessary flash / ram size

Hello,

We intend to port our embedded application to a new device,
possibly powered by an etrax 100LX.

Our current application is about 750kb in size, but my
main concern is that the linux 2.4 kernel + glibc will
probably take a few megabytes of space?

Additionallly, we'd like to have a meg storage, + another
megabyte to extend the functionality of our application in
the future.

What sizes for flash and ram would be reasonable for
such a setup?

By the way, right now we are used to boot up times of up
to four seconds.
What boottimes could I expect with an etrax 100LX?

Thanks a lot,

Best regards,

Pieter Grimmerink