Running on developer-board, OK! Running on camera2420, Failed!

Hi,

I wrote an application. It's compiled with Linux kernel 2.4 and cris-
dist-1.13. There is no problem let it run on Developer-Board LX
(through both porting image file and ftp into /mnt/flash). Now, I
want to make it run on an Axis2420 camera. After ftp it and "chmod",
I cannot run it successfully. It told me "No such file or directory"
no matter I run "mytest" or "./mytest".

In the manual of this 2420 camera, I found it's software release is
2.12.

Do I need upgrade the firmware in my 2420 camera? If yes, upgrade to
which version?

In addition, can I "flashit" the new-generated image file into my
2420 camera and keep up all originally provided functions by the
camera?

Thanks&Regards
zhaolei

from NTU, Singapore