PTZ camera drivers

I'm working at the moment to try and get an in-house developed PTZ camera
talking to the AXIS 2400/1 via the standard
AXIS interfaces. Is there an example or template source code available, or
other directions on preparing a driver for such
a device?

Also, is there any permission snarl-ups that I should be aware of when
writing CGI-BIN executables for the boa web server, particularly in regards
to writing to serial ports? I have no problems writing to the serial port
via a standard executable, particularly in the context of world rw
permissions on /dev/ttyS0 , but the code seems to faint when the write
occurs in the context of a cgi-bin call.

Cheers,
Shayne