-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dev-etrax@xxxxxxx.com]On">mailto:owner-dev-etrax@xxxxxxx.com]On
Behalf Of Marco Nef (Supercomputing Systems)
Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2001 12:55 PM
To: dev-etrax
Subject: Re: Driver makes Linux crash

Thanks for the tips. Ser2 driver is not disabled, just the mapping of DTR,
RI, DSR and CD on PB.
At the moment I'm trying to use ser0 as debug port, have disabled ser2. The
problem now is that ETRAX100LX stops on startup with the folling message:

  Warning: unable to open an initial console.
  etho: changed MAC to ....

After that there is no more output. It can not even be reached using telnet.
By the way: Could anyone explain what exactly the difference between the
"product debug-port" and "product rescue-port" is. All I need to see through
the serial connection is the output of the different drivers and such stuff
during startup. As much as I know that's simply the stdout.

Thanks,
Marco
currently @xxxxxxx.ch
[until 12.10.2001]