Re: ppp-Connection

Rafael Schwarze wrote:

> Does anybody know how to build a ppp-Connection. Or where i can find a
> good documantation? I need shell-command to dial-in via modem.

The man page for pppd has a lot of information on the various options to
pppd.  I have used pppd 2.4.1 to set up a ppp connection between two
developer boards over a serial line, but not between a developer board
and an actual modem.

However, something like this should do the trick:

pppd modem <local ip>:<remote ip> /dev/ttyS0 115200

where local ip is the ip address of the board, and remote ip is the ip
address you wish to assign to the client.  You may also want to check
out the following options: crtscts, nopersist, silent, passive,
proxyarp, and ktune depending on how you want pppd to behave.  Once the
ppp connection is up, ifconfig should show you the new ppp0 interface.

--
Orjan Friberg              E-mail: orjan.friberg@xxxxxxx.com
Axis Communications AB     Phone:  +46 46 272 17 68