Re: Porting Bluetooth Stack

Vilas Uchil <vilas@xxxxxxx.edu> writes:

> Hi
>
> I am in the process of compiling the Openbt stack and
> porting it into ETRAX-100LX. I need to know if there
> are any help documents which can walk me through the
> process for compiling and linking all the files into
> one executeable.

Hi, you should have received these instructions from Jonas
previously, but here is the information for the entire list
to see.

I also want to mention that we are planning to release a
development platform with a Bluetooth module within short
where we will supply the OpenBT stack nicely packaged for
that platform.

Anyway, to build OpenBT for the developer board you need to
do at least the following:

* Put the include/linux/bluetooth and
  drivers/char/bluetooth directories into the same
  locations in your kernel tree.
* Add 'source drivers/char/bluetooth/Config.in' to
  the end of drivers/char/Config.in (after the endmenu).
* Add the following to drivers/char/Makefile at some
  appropriate place:
    subdir-$(CONFIG_BLUETOOTH) += bluetooth
    obj-$(CONFIG_BLUETOOTH) += bluetooth/bt.o
* Add the following to the end of tty_init() in
  drivers/char/tty_io.c:
    #ifdef CONFIG_BLUETOOTH
      bt_init();
    #endif
  (you may need to use bt_init_module() instead of bt_init()).

The above explicit call to bt_init() only seems to
be necessary for 2.0 (and maybe 2.2) kernels. So do
not try to call it when building a 2.4 kernel.

* Reconfigure the kernel (e.g., make menuconfig), and
  configure Bluetooth from the new menu alternative.
* Rebuild the kernel.

Best regards,
Niklas Morberg
--
Niklas.Morberg@xxxxxxx.com - Development Manager, Technology Division
Tel +46 46 2721894  Mobile +46 708 90 18 94 |Address: Scheelev. 34