RE: Silencing boot messages...

/dev/ttyS2 is used for three purposes in the original developer board software
(devboard and devboard_lx):

- kernel debug port (can be disabled)
- console (symlink /dev/console, making it /dev/null will work I think)
- login (agetty can be disabled by not starting it in /etc/inittab)

In the next software release changing the kernel debug port will
automatically change the other ones.

/Jonas