Re: porting app with gnu configure

> From: Mikael Pahmp <mikaelp@xxxxxxx.com>
> Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 09:05:47 +0200

> Otherwise you can specify the default values by editing the
> config.cache file in advance. E.g. to look like this:

Oh, right.  Setting the specific autoconf shell variable is a
workaround.  Though you don't have to write all that and have a
config.cache file if you just want to define a single variable;
you can just "ac_cv_c_bigendian=no /path/to/configure ...".

A few things about these (kaffe's?) parameters that look a bit
quirky when applied in general:

> ac_cv_sizeof___int64=${ac_cv_sizeof___int64='0'}

This looks wrong.

>   CXX="g++-cris -mlinux -xc++ -isystem $EROOT/include" \

Drop the "-xc++"; it's wrong.

>   LD="ld-cris -mcrislinux" \

In general, use "gcc-cris" for linking, not "ld-cris".

>   ../src/configure \
>     --host=cris-axis-linux \

A bit pedantically, the canonical name is cris-axis-linux-gnu.
I don't know of a case where it would make a difference, though.

So, Boris, just adding "ac_cv_c_bigendian=no " in front of the
configure command to whatever you had there should get you a bit
further.

brgds, H-P