Re: porting app (again)

RedHat wrote:

> Mikael,
>
> Thanks for the tip.
>
> The upgrade indeed allowed the app to run.
>
> Now I'm suffering from some new problems (etrax specific, as this runs under
> x86).
>
> ttyS0 flip-buffer overrun!
> ttyS0 flip-buffer overrun!
> ttyS0 flip-buffer overrun!
> ttyS0 flip-buffer overrun!
> Error 10009: excessive retries on getvar
> command "image" failed, abort
>
> I'm trying to download a 200k image over the serial port.
>
> Small (text) transfers work fine.
>
> Any tips?

Here's some low-hanging fruit you might want to grab.  First, change
#define TTY_FLIPBUF_SIZE 512 to 768 in os/linux/include/linux/tty.h.
(Beware though, you can't increase the flip buffer size to much more
than that; see the comment in tty.h.)  Second, change #define
MAX_FLUSH_TIME 8 to 1 in os/linux/arch/cris/drivers/serial.c.  This
should improve handling of large transfers over the serial port.

--
Orjan Friberg              E-mail: orjan.friberg@xxxxxxx.com
Axis Communications AB     Phone:  +46 46 272 17 68