New Kernel version

On Thursday 25 October 2001 07:46 am, you wrote:
> We are about to release a new kernel patch. I'll get back to you next
> week.

 Currently you use a patched 2.4.5 kernel, are there any plans to try any
later kernels ? Has anyone tried a later kernel ? Just I think there is a
limit on how useful it is to maybe keep backporting from a newer to an older
version, if everything thats being backported is available and stable in a
new version. I know that we as users don't want you to keep changing kernels
every time, but there are times when it is appropriate.

Also 2 requests for any new Devboard releases
#1 remove the CVSROOT statement from init_env
#2 Fix the SUBDIRS problem in Rules.elinux . Currently a dummy  subdirectory
is always added to the SUBDIRS so that if SUBDIRS is NULL a later rule
doesn't fail. This means that any project using multiplte directorys etc has
to have a dummy subdirectory as well. I modified it to add a "." if the
SUBDIRS is NULL, and then the rule only recurses if the subdirectory is not
"." . This is the way that standard make rules work, or at least automake
rules. I do have one bug that the top level directory is run twice, but I can
email my modified version if you want.

thanks,

Andy