RE: New Kernel version

> Currently you use a patched 2.4.5 kernel, are there any plans to try
> any
> later kernels ? Has anyone tried a later kernel ? Just I think there is
> limit on how useful it is to maybe keep backporting from a newer to an
> older
> version, if everything thats being backported is available and stable in
> new version. I know that we as users don't want you to keep changing
> kernels
> every time, but there are times when it is appropriate.

We'll keep you up to date when something important happens in the
kernel, apps, libs etc. A patch to 2.4.10 or later will be available
(probably) next week.

> Also 2 requests for any new Devboard releases
> #1 remove the CVSROOT statement from init_env

I'll see if we can manage without that one.

> #2 Fix the SUBDIRS problem in Rules.elinux . Currently a dummy
> subdirectory
> is always added to the SUBDIRS so that if SUBDIRS is NULL a later rule
> doesn't fail. This means that any project using multiplte directorys etc
> has
> to have a dummy subdirectory as well. I modified it to add a "." if the
> SUBDIRS is NULL, and then the rule only recurses if the subdirectory is
> not
> "." . This is the way that standard make rules work, or at least
> automake
> rules. I do have one bug that the top level directory is run twice, but
> I can
> email my modified version if you want.

This has been fixed (for the next devboard_lx release). We removed the
dummy value and added a test (if SUBDIRS was empty or not) in the recurse
loop instead.

Thanks for your feedback.

brgds
/Jonas