Parallel Port Driver with DMA

Hello,

I am trying to interface the ETRAX 100 LX with some hardware using the ECP
parallel port.  I would like to utilize DMA, but I dont know the first
thing.  I understand the parallel port and have a non-DMA driver that
functions properly.  I have read the DMA chapter of the hardware designer's
reference, and do not know how to proceed.  I looked at the ETRAX ethernet.c
driver for an example DMA implementation, but I could not determine what was
going on.

Is there any sample code for ETRAX DMA parallel port drivers that is
available, or any tutorial on DMA drivers in general that you would suggest?

//
Greg