NAND flash

Hello Petr,

To clarify Mikaels answer to you:

Your suggested NAND flash connection is possible, but we haven't
tested it and we have no drivers ready for it.
If you write your own driver, you will be able to move data to and
from the NAND flash, but you can't boot from the NAND flash or
execute code directly from it. So it is not really a replacement for
the normal NOR flash in the system.

You are right about how to connect it:

NAND flash         ETRAX 100LX

d0-d7              d0-d7
CLE                general output (or general I/O)
ALE                general output (or general I/O)
WE#                WE0_ | CSxx_       (note 1)
WP#                RESET_
R/B#               general input (or general I/O)
RE#                RD_ | CSxx_        (note 1)

Note 1: Preferably select a chip select that allows wait state
settings that are independent from other memories in the system.

Per Zander                      email: per.zander@xxxxxxx.com
Axis Communications AB          Tel:   +46 46 272 18 25
Scheelevägen 34                 Fax:   +46 46 13 61 30
SE-223 63 LUND, SWEDEN          Visit our web site: http://www.axis.com/