RE: DMA Channel Sharing

Hello,

You are correct that ser2 has to be disabled to use
the parallel port 0 DMA. I suggest that you move
kernel debug, console and serial port login to
serial port 0.

1. Disable serial port 2 in kernel config
2. Change debug port to serial port 0 in kernel config
3. Set /dev/console to /dev/ttyS0 in the Makefile under
   axis/devboard_lx
4. Modify or remove agetty in files/etc/inittab

In R_GEN_CONFIG you must assign the parallel port
to the pins and the DMA to the parallel port. In
head.S this would look like this:

	or.d	  IO_STATE (R_GEN_CONFIG, dma3, par0)	\
		| IO_STATE (R_GEN_CONFIG, dma2, par0)	\
		| IO_STATE (R_GEN_CONFIG, par0, select),r0

In most cases this can be done in the driver instead
but if other DMAs are running when changing GEN_CONFIG
you may run into trouble.

Regards
/Mikael