Re: thread with SIGSEGV

Jerome Lefranc wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I saw a difference between Axis and standard implementation
> of threads when they catch a SIGSEGV signal.

Hi Jerome,

There are a couple of bugs which affect user-defined signal handlers in
the Developer Board LX R2.0.0.  They have been fixed, and we are
currently working on a new release.  In the meantime, you can try the
attached signal.c file, which should go into the
os/linux/arch/cris/kernel directory.

When I run your program I get:

[root@xxxxxxx./catchsig
father 65
father 65
thread 67 got signal 11
father 65
father 65
father 65
[...]

which is the same behaviour I get on my host Linux machine.

Also note that the new release of the compiler tools (cris-dist-1.15)
fixes a couple of bugs related to linking against the pthreads library,
so you may want to upgrade to that.

--
Orjan Friberg              E-mail: orjan.friberg@xxxxxxx.com
Axis Communications AB     Phone:  +46 46 272 17 68

signal.c.gz