Disabling debug-port affects flashing ofer serial port?

Hi everybody,

I want to use the both RS232-ports and I don't want any byte going out
besides the bytes produced by my own program.

I changed the symbolic link of /dev/console to /dev/null, disabled
agetty and now I want to disable the debug-port in the kernel (2.4.5).

Does it supress the ability of the developer board to be flashed over the
serial port or is this managed by the rescue.img?

Thanks for your short answer

Artur Ortega