RE: 16M SDRAM & 32M SDRAM

> I modified Makefile to use debug serial port.so There is
> output from init and syslog in log files.

There's nothing wrong with the flashwrite and the kernel boots up fine.
But when you boot from flash instead of RAM it hangs without starting any userspace
processes. Is that correct?

Are you starting agetty from /etc/inittab? In that case on which port (ttyS[0-3]).

I hope you have disabled ser2 (/dev/ttyS2) in your kernelconfig since you are using
ATA, because you cannot use them at the same time.

Have you tried using the 2.4.10 kernel?

/Jonas