From: owner-dev-etrax@xxxxxxx.com]On">mailto:owner-dev-etrax@xxxxxxx.com]On
Behalf Of Bart Duchesne
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2001 10:11 AM
To: dev-etrax
Subject: EPP support in parport.c

Hi,

Can someone explain me why in the parport.c code in the
arch/cris/drivers directory the epp and ecp functions point to the
software simulated functions and not the native read/write functions
that are supported by the ETRAX chip.
I need to interface a 'device bus' to the EPP port and would like to use
them, is it OK to modify the parport driver to use the native ones ?

regards

bart