Re: Power Supply

Hi,

Yes it works fine.  We've operated the devboard on +5V for operation in a
truck.

Matt

"Johan Adolfsson" <johan.adolfsson@xxxxxxx.com>
Sent by: owner-dev-etrax@xxxxxxx.com
07/12/01 03:26 AM

        To:     "Szabo, Tamas" <Tamas.Szabo@xxxxxxx.com>
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: Power Supply

> Hello,
>
> Is it possible to operate devboard from 5V?
>
> Thx
> Sza2.

Hi,
It's not designed for that, but the switch regulator should handle
input voltage down to 4 or 4.5V according to the datasheet
(depending on what brand of regulator mounted - Micrel or National),
but the rectifier bridge etc. will lower the 5V a little so I'm
not sure it will work.
Looking in the EVR (Engineering Verification Report),
a special test says that VACmin = 4.60V and VDCmin =5.78V
but that was with an 11ohm resitor connected to 3.3V and GND to
increase the load so it might work for you under more normal load)

Testing it shouldn't damage anything although you might get
unreliable operation and the flashes might not be programmed
correctly etc.
Bypassing the rectifier bridge might improve the results
but be careful so you don't fry the board.

/Johan