Re: BlueZ & ETRAX100LX

> Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 13:07:12 +0100
> From: Marc Haase <marc.haase@xxxxxxx.de>

> There is something wrong with the symbols in the library. What kind of
> symbols are supported in the cris-compiler-tools???

The usual kind?  Perhaps the error message is confusing you.
Disregard that it mentions "symbols".

> How can I avoid this error?

Build with the right compiler and the right compiler options. ;-)

> Here is the output from the Makefile in ./daemons directory:
> cris-gcc -o hcid hcid.o hcid_conf.tab.o hcid_conf.lex.o hcid_conf.o
> hcid_lib.o hcid_sec.o -v -L../lib -lbluetooth

You must use the option "-mlinux" when building programs for
devboard_lx (and -fpic when building shared libraries).

> I gett following error message:
> ========../lib/libbluetooth.so: could not read symbols: Invalid
> operation

This may happen because you didn't use "-mlinux" when building
the shared library or perhaps you didn't use the right compiler.

> The corresponding Makefile output when creating the libbluetooth
> libraray is
>
> gcc-cris -mlinux -isystem /project/axis/devboard_lx/eroot/include -fPIC
> -Wall -I../include -prefixed   -c -o bluetooth.o bluetooth.c
> gcc-cris: unrecognized option `-prefixed'

As the messsage says, there is no such option.  From where does
the "-prefixed" option come?  I have no idea what its purpose
could be.

Since this is a compilation error while decoding the compiler
options, I guess the object files weren't touched, and the
shared library you try to link against is actually left over
from a previous compilation, perhaps using the host compiler,
"gcc", hence the error.

brgds, H-P