Re: couldn't restrict write permission

Hi Jonas,
Thanks for your patience with me :)
I installed the new software but I have still exactly the same problem. I
also can't login without ppp. When I just dial to the modem on the developer
board I can connect, but I can't login. The login promt appears, but after
typing my login name, nothing happens. I tried this with agetty and with
mgetty. the command in inittab I used for agetty is:

S0:2345:respawn:/sbin/agetty ttyS0 115200

I don't have to use an initstring because I have stored everything in the
modem.

When I tried to login in on ttyS0 directly with a 0-modem i discovered this
was only possible when using the -L option (ignore modem signals) with
agetty. Without this option I had exactly the same problem as with the modem:
no password promp after login. When I tried agetty on a normal pc, it also
worked without the -L option. Are the modem signals on the serial port of the
developer board not working properly? in the kernel configuration there is an
option to set the modem signals on different bit numbers. Maybe I have to
change those numbers?
Joost