Re: couldn't restrict write permission

I have found a way to login without using the modem signals. I let mgetty
answer the phone. After the connection is made mgetty starts ppp
automatically. In my ppp option file I use the option LOCAL in which case the
modem signals are ignored. Because it works without the modem signals, I
really think there is something wrong with them.
joost